Monday, September 14, 2015

Week in review Sept. 7-13: More running, less stretching

Lots of running, a little stretching.
This past week was a weird week, and my “training” was all over the place as a result.

Monday, I did my long run from last week, as it was “only” 13 miles and I didn’t want to do one other thing that day if I didn’t want to. (I ended up having a lovely time at a family barbecue later that evening.)

Tuesday and Wednesday evenings I had commitments that went a bit longer than planned, so I didn’t have time to run. However, both days I did squeeze in a quick yoga session.

Thursday and Friday evenings I was back in my running shoes with a zippy/easy run Thursday (what a difference humidity in the 30%s makes vs. in the 90%s) and a decent speed run Friday – a few fast-for-me half-mile repeats until it started down pouring.

I didn't do any training Saturday, instead spending most of the day in the garden and making tomato sauce from that garden.

Sunday was a big day with 16 running miles and some yoga later that night. My run went OK. I held a decent pace for me, but on the last mile my IT band locked up my knee. It's still pretty tender today. The same thing happened on the last mile of my 13-miler. So, is this going to happen at mile 15 of my next run, or in the last mile? I can struggle through a mile with a tight IT band, but not 10.

By the numbers: 

Run: Four times, all on the road, for 43.5 miles in just less then 7 hours.

Yoga: Three times, all self-guided, for just longer than an hour.

Total: Seven sessions in 8 hours.

Not a great week, but I got some decent running mileage in at a decent speed. Sadly, like every other non-millionaire out there, I'm limited by hours in the day and can only do so much.

It's getting down to crunch time. I don't know how I'll do on race day, but I'm hoping I still have a good few workouts left in these last five weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment