Saturday, August 23, 2014

Ready to rock

Lake Versluis
I made it Grand Rapids for the Michigan Titanium half-Iron distance tri. My husband and I arrived yesterday and had a lovely evening with a friend of the family. Today has been about trying to rest and relax, getting to athlete check-in, having some extra carbs and water, etc.

I've been training all spring and summer with tomorrow in mind. Spending entire days at the state park riding up and down hills, running in 90% humidity, dragging myself to the pool... it's all over. I can't believe it.

I'm trying to stay calm and remember that the race is really a celebration of my training. I made it to swim practice this morning and splashed around for a bit. I felt good in the water and I hope I can carry that calm with me tomorrow into and out of the water.

I've done this a dozen times so far — tomorrow I just go a little farther than I have before. I know I can do the distances. I just have to put them together.

No turning back now. Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment