Monday, March 1, 2021

Feb. 22-28 Week in review: The weather warmed up and I got in the pool

It was a great week, relatively speaking.
Last week was a doozy. I had a big work even on Wednesday, which required a lot of hours early in the week and then working on my usual furlough day. I was able to take a Thursday furlough and Friday off completely, so it was nice to end the wild ride with a four-day weekend.

Some good news was that after chilly runs on Wednesday and Friday, it did warm up significantly on Sunday and I enjoyed an 8-miler. Also, I decided to take advantage of the day off on Friday and try to get to the pool at a low-traffic time. It was actually so low-traffic that it was locked and I had to track down a maintenance worker! But I got in the pool for the first time in five months and only had to share with one other person, which is a level of risk I'm comfortable with at this time.

Other than that, it was a pretty boring week. I did all my rides and weights. I did all my yoga and PT. We didn't go anywhere or do anything. I did some decluttering and cooked a couple nice dinners. That's fine; I'm OK being boring right now. I was happy to get out in the fresh air and sunshine without freezing.

By the numbers:

Bike: Four times, all on the trainer, for 75 fake trainer miles in 4:47. This included an FTP test on Saturday for which I blared Pantera and got another 6 watts. This consistency is starting to pay off. There's nothing sexy about getting on the bike and doing the work, but it's getting results.

PT/Pre-hab: Six times, three mobility and 3 PT, for about 3:45. Again, boring but getting the job done.

Run: Three times, all on the road, for 19.5 mies in about 3:16. Woo hoo! This was an easy run, a peppy run (mostly because it had gotten colder and I wanted to get home), and a long-ish run that ended up being 8 getting progressively faster every 2. It was such a nice day on Sunday that even my husband couldn't resist a run, and joined me for the first 1.5.

Weights:
My usual of 1 core, 1 barre app, and 1 heavy/body for about 2:45. I think I did a couple extra pullups this week, which felt good. I am ready to shake this up a bit, though. I need to do some rearranging of furniture when I continue with my decluttering mission, and I hope one result of that is better access to some of the weights toys I have.

SWIM: Once in the pool for 1750 yards of drills in about 47 minutes. I don't even care this took so long! Since I was by myself for part of this I just switched out kickboard and pull buoy drills and that was fine with me. I was just happy to be there.

Yoga: Three times, all Down Dog app, for about 45 minutes. One thing I have going for me so far in 2021 is being consistent with doing yoga on run days. It may not be explicitly helping but it sure ain't hurting... but I think it is helping to keep things loose and recovering from runs.

Total: TWENTY sessions, which may be the most I've done in a week? in a sliver longer than 16 hours. An excellent week for me, especially in the dead of winter.

I was glad to get a good week behind me and close the door on another month's worth of training, even if it was boring.

One personal note. A family member of mine tested positive for COVID last week, and one of our usual grocery stores had an outbreak so bad among its employees they had to close. I had originally wanted to hang out in my parents' back yard on Sunday, but decided that I was just too close to the grocery store outbreak to risk it. So I had to tell my mom I wasn't coming over and get a sad face emoji in return. Guys, this isn't over yet. Wear your masks. Quit gathering in groups. Get your vaccine. People are still getting sick.

Hope you are all staying safe and socially distant.



No comments:

Post a Comment