Saturday, March 27, 2021

Some recent Fast Fridays

I was feeling pretty good after work yesterday and thought to myself, "I wonder how much a couple of quarter-mile repeats would hurt?"

Spoiler alert, they did, but maybe not as much as I feared. I threw in six, two at a time with a quarter-mile recovery in between and a mile in between every set, just to test things out. I was thrilled to see the last one come in at 1:50, and even more thrilled to see that I'd split another one just below 8:00 minute/mile pace without noticing. Woo hoo!

I decided to go back through the last few Fridays, when I started doing "Fast Fridays" again this season:

Yesterday, a few quarter-mile repeats, with two at a sub-8:00 pace.

Last Friday, every other mile fast, coming in at 9:01, 8:50, and 8:13, which is RIDICULOUSLY fast for me.

Three weeks ago, more every other miles, with the fast ones coming in at 8:38, 8:37, and 8:28.

I don't consider myself "fast" but it is always nice to see the results of some steady, consistent work. Maybe there will be a fast-for-me spring 5K in my future yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment