Monday, March 29, 2021

Week in review March 22-28: Back to boring

Absolutely nothing exciting happened last week and that was fine by me. I did all my boring workouts, I ran my usual boring routes, I ate the same boring things for dinner. It was wonderful.

The main out-of-the-ordinary thing to happen last week was the sudden end of my Wednesday furlough days. I had been looking forward to a nice long run during the day, but had to settle for a medium-distance run after work. I will miss my days off, but will be happy when my paychecks get back to normal.

The other minor snafu was getting a late start to the day on Saturday. I did my usual long-ish trainer ride, but it was really too late to start my heavy/body weights routine by the time I wrapped up. So, I did a video that day, instead. I was proud of myself for doing something. I had skipped my weights routine last week since I had gotten my first COVID vaccine the day before, so I'm sure the next time I do it, it will be rough.

But that's OK. It was still a good week:
Give me boring, please.
Bike: Four times, all on the trainer, for my usual 75 fake trainer miles in about 4:41.

Run: Three times, all on the road, for 24.25 miles in about 3:52. This was the adjusted medium after-work run on Wednesday, plus a Fast Friday, plus an easy-ish Sunday because I was too tired for anything more than junk miles.

PT/Pre-hab: My usual six times, three mobility and three PT, for 3:45-ish.

Weights: One core, one barre app, and one video for about 2:20.

Yoga: Three times, all using the Down Dog app, for about 45 minutes.

Total: 19 sessions in 15:23 on the nose.

I am looking forward to some warm weather later this week. I'm still not riding outside or swimming, so my fresh air runs in the sun are keeping me going. It seems like spring is finally here.

I hope you are getting outside and training safely.



No comments:

Post a Comment