Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Week in review March 8-14: You say boring, I say consistent

Nothing too exciting here.
Not much is happening over this way. We had some nice weather for a few days, and I enjoyed not putting on 15 layers before walking the dogs. I did all my usual workouts. I'm still not really sleeping.

I'm pretty much pandemic'ed out. I'm still staying in, wearing my mask, and all that jazz, but it's really wearing on me. We started having our first work discussions about getting vaccinated and getting back into the office. But, Michigan's numbers are going up again, and no one knows what to expect. As of Friday I'll have worked from home for one full year. No one expected it would last for this long.

I did some retail therapy to make myself feel better, picking up some new running undies, workout headbands, and a pair of shorts and a pair of joggers with pockets. I was under-pocketed last spring and had to make do with the loungewear I had on hand, and that will not happen again this year. I was hesitant to join the jogger crowd, but I really need something lighter than sweatpants, looser than running tights, with pockets for those morning dog walks. Yes, my wardrobe is about 50 percent run/biking and 50 percent walking the dogs these days.

As stressed out as I was, it wasn't all bad. I cooked dinner every night, and we had those few days of good weather. It helped.

Workouts were:

Bike: Four times, all on the trainer, for 76 fake trainer miles in about 4:43.

PT/Prehab: Six times, three running PT and three mobility, for about 3:45.

Run: Three times, all on the road, for 20.5 miles in about 3:21. This was the most excitement I had all week; I got a late start Wednesday after a dentist appointment and grocery shopping, but still got to enjoy 60-something degree weather in March! Friday's run made my knee a little grumpy so I kept it on the short side, and I forced myself to run what felt easy on Sunday. Still, my "easy" paces are getting a bit faster these days, which makes me happy. I hope the consistency is paying off.

Weights: Three times, including one core, one barre app, and one heavy/body session, for about 2:45.

Yoga: Three times, all Down Dog app, for about 45 minutes.

Total: 19 sessions in about 15:19. That seems to be about my sweet spot these days.

I wish I had more to say but there's really nothing else going on. I am in a good routine, except for not getting to the pool right now, and enjoying the fresh air when I can. I was happy to move the daylight to evening, which should hopefully make my evening runs a little less rushed. I'm just trying to get through the days and enjoy my workouts when I can.

I don't know when I'll be able to race again, but I hope to be ready to go once that happens. I hope you are all staying safe and healthy out there.



No comments:

Post a Comment