Thursday, February 25, 2021

Belated week in review for Feb. 21: Yay, not so cold!

I'm alive. I was neck deep in a work event for the last two weeks and I was happy to close the book on it last night. It was a lot of late nights, running around, and even canceling what was supposed to be a vacation day yesterday, but I got through it.

One good thing about last week is that the cold weather eased up on us a bit. It was still cold, but not unrunnable, so I got outside three times. I even drove to the river walk for one of those runs, which I usually don't do for short and easy runs, but I HAD to have a change of scenery before I lost my mind. I got my miles in and my mind is still there, mostly.

Bike trainer-ing kind of took a hit last week. I was so exhausted, and my knee was bothering me with the changes in weather, so I didn't do anything too hard. It wasn't very challenging, and I probably had no gains to be made, but some days just getting on the trainer is a victory in itself. I was so tired after a long night Thursday I couldn't even hold my power targets, but I told myself I would stay on and do as well as I could. I felt better as the ride went on, and the second half was pretty close to target wattage. So I was pretty proud of myself for not tapping out.
It almost felt like a normal week!
I'm still not getting in the pool, but I did all the weights, yoga, and PT. Yay! Overall, it was:

Bike: Four times, all on the trainer, for 75 fake miles in about 4:47. Considering my week last week, this is a victory.

PT/Pre-hab: Six times, three mobility and three PT, for about 3:45. I am going to run with this routine as long as I can keep it going.

Run: Three times, all on the road, for 19.5 miles (really?) in about 3:15. This was two easy runs and one peppier, slightly longer run on Sunday, which is about all I am hoping for right now.

Weights: Three times: one core, one video, and one heavy/body; for about 2:50. It was a good week for lifting!

Yoga: Three times, all using the Down Dog app, for 45 minutes total. I am doing well "forcing" myself to do yoga on my run days. I don't know if it's helping specifically but it's not hurting!

Total: 19 sessions for about 15:22. A great week for it being the dead of winter!

Even though this week's already half over, I feel like I'm off to a good start, especially considering all the wild work hours. I took a couple of days off to relax and catch up on house stuff and other projects. And, hopefully the weather will be good for a couple more outdoor runs.

Have a great rest of your week and stay safe.




No comments:

Post a Comment