Monday, February 1, 2021

Jan. 25-31 week in review: Long work days and adjusted workouts

Last week was really difficult, work-wise. We had a big presentation to put together for Thursday night, so my whole team and I worked late Monday and Tuesday and really late on Thursday to get it out the door. It ended up being a success, and made us look good if I do say so myself, but wow. It was A Week.

Training took a hit last week, as you might expect, but I still managed to squeeze in a few things on the not-quite-so-late nights. I still did mobility and core on Monday, and did my usual bike and PT on Tuesday. Thursday was a wash; after the project was put to bed I climbed into my actual bed with my dogs and chocolate. But I did log off early Friday for a longer-than-usual trainer ride, and was feeling like myself again in time for a run in the sunshine on Saturday.

I was telling a friend that I couldn't wait to get outside and run on Saturday since the sun was expected to come out. He made a joke about it, saying "Sun's out, run's out." BUT — I LOVE IT! That's going to be my new winter running mantra: If the sun's out, my run's out. Ha! The weather took a turn for the colder and windier on Sunday so I was very glad I had gotten outside for some sun and fresh air the day before.
Not a bad week considering the work busy-ness.
Considering everything, it wasn't a bad week:

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 62 trainer "miles" (which I just this second realized is a metric century, go me) in almost exactly 4 hours.

PT/Pre-hab: Six times, three mobility and three running PT, for 3:45.

Weights: Three times; a rotation of core, a video, and my heavy body routine; for about 2:50.

Run: Twice, both on the road, for 12 miles in almost exactly 2 hours. This was a short run in the cold just to get outside, and a longer run in the not-so-cold.

Yoga: Twice, both with the Down Dog app, for about 30 minutes total.

Total: 16 sessions for about 13:06. Considering all the overtime I worked last week, I'll take it!

There were plenty of mini-successes in with the frustrations this week. Heck, getting outside to run twice was a success. I'm finding out that I'm made of slightly tougher stuff than I thought, and actually CAN get outside to run with the right layers. Non-running-wise, I got a great deal on the Down Dog app and finally subscribed for a year. I am slowly making my way through Netflix's library of serial killer documentaries as I pedal away on the trainer. I can do more chinups now than I ever could in my life. 

Another cold front is expected our way in the next few days so I am going to try to squeeze in a few more runs this week. Maybe I will even see the sun again. If not, I have my bike and my dumbbells to keep me busy.

I hope you are staying healthy and warm out there!



No comments:

Post a Comment