Monday, October 2, 2017

Week in review Sept. 25-Oct. 1: Run, work, recover

Definitely the result of a busy work week.
I knew this week wouldn’t be anything spectacular. I had plans Friday night (My Favorite Murder live show!) and a big work event ALLLLLLLLLLLL day Saturday. On Sunday my grandmother was in town a few days ahead of her 85th (!!!!!!!!!!!) birthday, so of course we went out to brunch. Since I was tired from being on my feet all day Saturday anyway, I spent the rest of Sunday prepping food for this coming week.

I did get in one workout per day Monday through Thursday, which was what I reasonably expected. I had grand plans to get up early during the week or on the weekend for an extra workout, but I just ended up getting home and/or going to bed way too late to make it work.

It ended up being:

Run: Three times, once on the treadmill and twice on the road, for 18.75 miles in almost exactly 3 hours. My treadmill run Monday was boring, steady, and slow while I watched a bit of Orange is the New Black and hopped off every couple of miles to tend to dinner. Wednesday I slogged through my run feeling like garbage, but Thursday was cooler and cloudy — perfect running weather. I managed a full 25 seconds per mile faster on Thursday compared to Monday; what a difference a 30-degree temperature change makes.

Bike: Once on the trainer for an hour.

Total: Four sessions in almost exactly four hours.

I’ve got another busy week this week with personal plans Tuesday and Wednesday and another work event Friday, but so far the weekend is open. I am already looking forward to not running around like a maniac and getting some solid (hopefully) training and sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment