Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Week in review Oct. 9-15: On the run but not much else

Run, and that's about all.
My life has been a barely functional hot mess lately. My boss is on vacation, and I thought since she was gone, everyone would leave me alone until she got back and I could get some stuff done. HAHAHAHAHAHA. As it turns out, the more urgent projects still need to be managed in her absence, and project management is NOT one of my strengths. This week I have already managed to screw up both conference calls I was put in charge of. I can’t even manage a conference call! Haha.

This has led to a few later-than-I-would-like work evenings, which means later-than-I-would-like runs, later-than-I-would-like dinners, and later-than-I-would-like bedtimes. I feel like I am running around and getting nothing done. UGH!

The craziness got off to a slow start last week and I didn’t have a great training week. Really, the only successes were that I ran 5 times and one of those times was a very fun 5K. It worked out to be:

Run: 5 times, 4 on the road (1 race!) and 1 on the treadmill, for about 25.5 miles in about 4.25 hours.

The runs broke down to a very easy 3-miler with my husband Monday to make sure he could survive the 5K (haha); two cool and enjoyable mid-week runs; the 5K; and a quick hour on the treadmill Sunday between rounds of a monster food prep session. (Breakfasts for the week, tomato sauce, bone broth, lunch salads, and roasting a chicken for dinner that night.) Tuesday’s run was my fastest non-track run in a while, and it felt great. I never got a GPS signal on Thursday, as it was so cloudy, so I stopped a bunch of times to take pics of pretty trees changing colors. It’s a regular route so I know the distance and still had time running, so this worked out to be a pretty speedy run, too.




Some pics of pretty trees seen on a run last week.
Yoga: 15 minutes on my own.

Total: 6 sessions in about 4.5 hours.

I ended up taking Wednesday off training because I didn’t feel great and it was rainy and gloomy outside. I had already taken Friday off work and scheduled a car appointment and a hair appointment when I realized it was Treat Yo’ Self Day from Parks and Recreation, so I further embraced the theme with going out to lunch with my husband, visiting the Freep Marathon expo Friday afternoon and buying a shirt, and even doing a little baking. I didn’t do any training beyond the 5K Saturday, but ran a bunch of errands, watched the Kona coverage, and got my flu shot. I didn’t want to schedule anything in stone on Sunday because I had a bad reaction after my last flu shot, but I woke up Sunday feeling fine enough to spend most of the day cooking. It was rainy and windy and I was glad I wasn’t running the Free Press marathon or half marathon (more on that later).

Still, a busy long weekend doing other stuff meant that I didn’t get a whole lot of training in. Oh well.

This week is off to a slow, crazy start but I’m hoping things settle down. We don’t have any plans for the weekend (yet) and I am already looking forward to relaxing and putting in some quality training, especially getting on the bike and lifting some weights again. And if the weather stays cool, enjoying more fall runs and pretty leaves. Yay!



No comments:

Post a Comment