Thursday, October 15, 2015

I've decided that for my race Sunday...

Two runs in the last few days!
... I'm going to give it a try.

I've only run 7 times in the last month, my last LONG long run of 16 miles was a few days before that even, and didn't run one step all last week or the week before, but ... I feel like I should give it a shot.

I ran 2 miles Monday at an easy pace with zero pain. I was going to do 3 today at the same easy pace,  but I got the ever-so-slight beginnings of a twinge at, like, mile 1.99, so I decided to call today's at 2 as well. Will I hold up longer on Sunday? I don't know. But I'm going to find out.

I've worked too hard all summer to not even try. Plus... I already paid a nice chunk of money. I should at least get some use out of my race shirt. (It's a cool design this year.)

I have a huge work event all day tomorrow and Saturday so I won't have any time to stress or even think about Sunday. Until then it's stretch, rest and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment