Thursday, January 1, 2015

First New Year's resolution: Don't freeze to death

Brrrr.

I know all two of you who read this blog are waiting with bated breath for my December goals review, but since I've been going week-by-week, I'm going to wait until after Sunday to do an official wrap-up. The zillion other blogs reliving the past year will have to be good enough.

The short version is I want to build on the relative success of December and continue to build my base in January. I got off to a good start today with both a trainer ride and a treadmill run.

The most important thing these next few weeks will be to NOT freeze to death. Yes, that image was an actual recent weather report. Yes, feels like 3 degrees. Yes, wind gusts to 25 mph. Yes, my butt stayed inside.

We're supposed to have a relative warm-up this weekend -- meaning lows only into the teens -- and then it's bitter, bitter cold again. And probably for the rest of winter.

Maybe it's time to start looking into training camps in Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment