Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Fall down, go boom

This was me.
I was feeling much better today and did an easy-ish ride on the bike trainer and a very easy, quick run on the treadmill. Later, I went downstairs to make dinner and... kaboom.

My stupid sock slipped right off the front of the top step and I skidded down about half my stairs, luckily mostly on my butt. I had the presence of mind to reach up and grab the handrail to stop myself before I made it all the way down.

I have a tiny nick on my thumb from where I grabbed the handrail, and my back is definitely reminding me what happened, but otherwise I'm sure I'm fine. The funny thing was that I was going to try to get in a bit of yoga tonight. This made stretching out my back a priority.

The adventures of being a klutz.

2 comments:

  1. I have the same problem... it's one of the reasons I hesitate to run outside when the ground is covered with ice/snow/slush. Unfortunately if I don't pay attention on the treadmill I veer off course and experience vertigo, especially when watching tv. Kind of a damned if I do, damned if I don't type thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes -- I don't go anywhere near ice for that reason!

      Delete