Saturday, June 5, 2021

May in review: Not bad, even dipping out of town for a few days

Not a bad variety for May.

May included the first trip out of town I'd taken in a year and a half. Since I was gone almost a week, of course my training "suffered," but since I still got in a few runs and I'm not signed up for anything, that was perfectly fine with me.

May marked the second month in a row I've come in at just less than 100 miles. I was moderately bummed when I saw I'd come in right at about 95, depending on my last long run of the month, but not so bummed that I felt the need to get out on the 31st and run an extra 5 just because. The 17th also marked the first Monday that I have NOT done a core workout since Dec. 28. Again, I was moderately bummed, but not so bummed I felt the need to rustle up a core workout on vacation.

One other thing of note is the virtual half-marathon I did at the beginning of the month. It was 11 good miles followed by a 2.25-mile sufferfest in the heat, but I got it done, supported a local race company, and got some cool alien-themed swag in the process, so not all was lost.

Other than that, the rest of the month was pretty darn boring. That's OK. I've said this 100 times already, but boring is good right now.

And not bad volume, considering.

To wrap up May real quick, by the numbers it was:

Bike: 14 times, all on the trainer, for 260.5 fake trainer "miles" in an overall time of a hair less than 16 hours. This also included an FTP test during which I gained 8 more watts, which I immediately felt in my next workout. I didn't try to ride at all while I was out of town.

Run: 12 times, all on the road, for 95 miles in about 15:17. This was a virtual half at the beginning of the month, a bit of recovery, a bit of a break only running twice on vacation, and getting back into the swing of things. Fine by me.

PT/pre-hab: 21 times, 11 running PT work and 10 mobility, for about 12:45. This was my usual 6 times per week when I was in town.

Weights: 10 times, which worked out to be 4 core sessions, 3 videos, 2 barre apps, and 1 heavy/body routine, for about 7:45. I had a couple of strange Saturdays in there during which I couldn't make my usual heavy/body routine work, but this was still a decent amount of lifting.

Yoga: 12 times, all Down Dog app sessions on run days, for 3 hours total. This is still feeling really good and I'm going to keep "forcing" myself to do yoga on run days.

Total: 69 sessions in about 54:44. Not bad.

June started off busy (hence my not wrapping up May until five days in) but I'm already off to a good start with some runs and lifting. Hopefully your May was good and your June will be good too.



No comments:

Post a Comment