Monday, June 21, 2021

Week in review June 14-20: Hot and muggy to kick off summer

Another week with a pretty good variety of activity.
I've been meaning to come here and do a mid-week update once in a while but I'm having trouble finding an extra few minutes here and there. My schedule has been walk dogs, work, train, cook something healthy, stay up too late watching something (lately it's Black Sails), go to bed, start over.

I'll be going back to the office a few times per week soon (I tried to go in today but forgot I need a negative COVID test first) so I'm really trying to keep my run-or-bike-then-PT-after-work routine going as long as I can. I made it to the pool once last week (two weeks in a row!) but didn't make it out for an outdoor ride or trail run. That's OK; I got to spend time safely with friends on Saturday and relax before a nice trainer ride and weights routine.

I'm only running three times per week right now and that's OK. My Friday and Sunday runs were hot and muggy. I've been bringing ice water and stopping to drink every 2 miles to stay safe. I'm not training for anything specific so I really don't care right now. I'd rather lose a little fitness than have heat stroke.
I did everything in groups of two last week, apparently.
Anyway, last week was:

Run: Three times, all on the road, for 24 miles in about 3:49. This was an easy run, a speedy-ish run of descending miles on a hot day that almost made me barf, and a medium run before heading off to a Fathers Day barbecue.

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 59 fake trainer miles in about 3:37. Nothing out of the ordinary here. I would have liked to get outside Saturday but I just got too late of a start. That's OK; my body needed a bit of extra rest that morning.

PT/Pre-hab: Five times, three mobility and two PT, for about 2:45. I skipped two days for a swim and getting too late a start for a run, but I've been pretty consistent otherwise.

Weights: Three times; one core, one barre app, and one heavy-body routine; for about 2:45. Normal week here.

Yoga: Three times, all with the Down Dog app, for 45 minutes total.

Swim: A mile of drills and splashing around in about 44 minutes. Just getting back into feeling the water here.

Total: 18 sessions in about 14:24. Not a bad week.

I'm still not signed up for anything but I have a few races on my radar; I don't know if the 5K I do every summer will be happening or not, and there's a triathlon nearby I'd like to do later on, but everything is still up in the air right now. So I'm mostly going to keep training to stay in shape and hopefully be fit enough to jump in something if and when the opportunity presents itself.

I hope you're all staying safe, cool, healthy, and fit out there.



No comments:

Post a Comment