Monday, June 7, 2021

Week in review May 31-June 6: Almost equal splits of run, bike, and PT

I missed a bike trainer ride last week, but it was for a good reason:


My husband's family decided on a balloon outing. It was super fun! I'd been up in a balloon before, but that was more of a quick jaunt, and this was a nice, relaxing ride in the sky. We made every dog bark in a 100-mile radius, waved at the kids watching us from their back yards, and even scared a deer.

I had already planned on taking that Friday off work for a personal day/summer Friday, so it wasn't TOO big a deal that we got home late, and I definitely enjoyed farting around and savoring my coffee all morning. That day, and the other two runs last week, had weather-related issues: I got wet on Wednesday, and Friday and Sunday were hot hot hot. Summer is here, even if it isn't officially here.

I also had Monday off for American Memorial Day, so I did a longer trainer ride that day and did some baking. I could definitely get used to a three-day work week! Alas, I must work 40 hours a week to pay for my running and triathlon habits.



When I wasn't up in a hot air balloon, last week consisted of:

Run: Three times, all on the road, for 24 miles in about 3:54. This was an easy run, a speed run of very hot half-mile pickups, and a long-ish run of 9.5 miles just as it was getting into the heat of the day. I really, really didn't want to wake up early so I suffered in the heat instead. Eh, we'll call it heat adaptation training.

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 62 fake trainer miles (a metric century!) in about 3:53. This was a slightly longer ride on my day off Monday, my usual medium ride on Tuesday, and a longer ride on Saturday. My current Netflix show is Santa Clarita Diet, which I am really enjoying. (And Timothy Olyphant doesn't hurt, either.)

PT/Pre-hab: Six times, three mobility and three running PT, for 3:45. This is a big time commitment but I am making it work.

Weights: Three times including one core, one barre app, and one heavy/body routine, for about 2:45. Again, this is a time commitment, but I am making it work.

Yoga: Three times, all with the Down Dog app, for 45 minutes total.

Total: 18 sessions in a hair longer than 15 hours.

It wasn't an ideal week for training, but I took advantage of some down time and made the most of it. Getting used to the hot temperatures, getting outside for a bike ride, and getting in the pool will probably be my focuses for the next few weeks and months. Hopefully, I can get a race on the calendar soon.

I hope you all are staying safe and cool out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment