Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Week in review June 29-July 5: Easy week and some hot, hot heat

Not a shabby week.
I had an extra day off last week but that didn't help with the hot weather and general stress about the state of the world. Unfortunately, Michigan's Covid numbers are creeping back up. I was able to run, ride, and do all my other sessions without interacting with anyone.

I ended up taking two days off last week. I needed to give my brain a break on Monday, and on Saturday I needed to help my husband at our business so he could make a deadline. One of his workers wasn't feeling well, so I skipped the pool out of an abundance of caution (the worker ended up negative for Covid, yay!) and I only did one weights session, but pretty much everything else was normal.

I did run a couple of times in the morning rather than deal with high 80s/low 90s in the afternoons and evenings, which took a little adjusting. I kicked off my holiday Friday with a nice run, and there MAY have been some barbecue ordered in that day as well.

My hip, what I'm pretty sure is a strained hip flexor, felt pretty much OK. I only ran easy and for no more than 5 miles, and it seemed fine. I need to stretch more but am not even sure how to stretch out that muscle. There will probably be some Googling in my future.

Anyway, last week was:

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 54 fake trainer miles in about 3:35. Normal, boring week here.

Run: Three times, all on the road, for 15.5 miles in about 2:42. Easier and lighter than usual, but still boring. I'll take boring right now.

PT: Three times for about 1:45. My usual.

Weights: One video for about 50 minutes. I ran out of time to do my usual Saturday heavy/body routine and help out my husband, so I had to skip. At least I got something done.

Yoga: Just once for about 15 minutes.

Total: 11 sessions for about 9:07.

A light-ish week but nothing too far out of the ordinary. It wasn't terrible to hunker down inside in the air conditioning for a few days and take it easy.

I hope you are staying safe out there.



No comments:

Post a Comment