Wednesday, July 15, 2020

0 for 2 on pool swims this week

Relaxing after an easy mile. (Not my beer cans.)
I'm one of the few lucky people who has access to a pool right now, but I'm not taking advantage as much as I should. The pool is a bit of a drive, and I still have to work four days a week, and it gets really busy on the weekends.

I know, I know. Excuses.

I made it one Monday a few weeks ago and it felt good to get back in the water for the first time in months. Then someone who works closely with my husband wasn't feeling well, so we stayed home until he could get a Covid test, which thankfully was negative. So we went back to the pool Monday and Wednesday of last week, I got an easy mile in each time, and it felt great.

We had big plans to go Monday, two days ago, but I was exhausted. The thought of driving out there, swimming, driving back, and making dinner was just too much. I settled for an easy run instead, and vowed to have leftovers or a quick dinner ready to microwave next Monday.

We regrouped and planned on going late afternoon today, since today is my furlough day. Then we got the email: Power outage. No pool for you!

So I'm 0 for 2 this week. It's not like I have any races coming up, but still. 

I'm going to make it later this week, come hell or power outages, fatigue, or crowds. I will swim again! (Eventually.) 



No comments:

Post a Comment