Monday, June 15, 2020

Week in review June 8-14: The one with the wonky hip

Still a good week with a nice variety of training.
Ugh. Last week got off to a really good start training-wise, and veered off track. A metaphor for this year, I guess.

I usually struggle through my Monday runs, but last week's felt effortless. Whee! Wednesday, my furlough day, was hot, but I was determined to do a long run before the storm came through I made it mile 11 before I had to tap out, drenched in sweat and my hip feeling weird.

My hip (the left side, of course, like all my injuries over the past 5 years) still felt tight and strained for a few days so I skipped my easy Friday run. I felt fine on Saturday so I set out to do my usual Saturday speed run. I felt great for a warmup mile, a peppy mile, and a recovery mile. Then, amazingly, I ran the fastest mile I have ever run since I got my new Garmin, at least, and possibly ever. It was a cool 63 degrees and I'm sure that was no coincidence.

After I hit that fast mile, though, my hip started hurting again. I jogged it out, and tried to pick up the pace for a bit, but it wasn't having it. I called it early and headed home.

So, I'm going to rest and stretch for a few day and see where that gets me. I don't remember doing any one thing to make it hurt, or pop, or whatever. I'm really hoping it's just a strain or a pull that will feel better after some rest.

In other news, trainer riding, PT, weights, and yoga all went well, so at least I have some victories to fall back on. It worked out to be:

Run: Three times, all on the road, for 23 miles in about 3:49. This was the easy run, the long run, and the speed run.

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 55.5 fake trainer miles in about 3:46. Nothing exciting here, either: an easy ride, an interval ride, and a longer easy ride.

Weights: Twice, one video and one heavy/body routine, for about 2:30. Yay! I love when I do weights twice in a week.

PT: Three times for about 1:45 total. Yay! I love when I do PT three times in a week. Haha. Although, it didn't help my hip this time around.

Yoga: Two solo sessions for 35 minutes total.

Total: 13 sessions for about 12:25. Not shabby at all!

I'm not UNhappy with the week. Of course I'm bummed I had to cut a couple runs short, but overall I can't complain. Hopefully with some rest I'll be ready to jump into the next one.



No comments:

Post a Comment