Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Week in review May 20-26: A couple of out-of-town wogs over the long weekend

Not too shabby for being gone half the week.
Well hello! I’m running a bit behind in pretty much everything in life, still recovering from the long weekend.

We cut out of work early Thursday and headed to Chicago for one night, then to Iowa City for another three nights before coming all the way home tomorrow. It was an eventful weekend full of catching up with friends and eating barbecue, even if I didn’t get as much sleep as I would have liked.

I did manage to go for very easy run/walks the morning I was in Chicago and one afternoon in Iowa. Hooray for actually using the running clothes I brought with me on vacation! Before we left, I also squeezed in two bike rides and went to physical therapy for what is hopefully my last visit. So yeah, it was quite the busy week.

My workouts shook out to be:

Bike: Twice, both on the trainer, for 30 fake trainer miles in about 2:04. Both were gut-busting, sweat-pouring sessions that I knew completing would help me feel better about skipping town for a couple of days (and eating too much barbecue).

Run: Three times, all very easy run/walk interval wogs, for 7.12 miles in about 1:33. I am still on the 2-minute run, 3-minute walk interval and going about a half hour each time, depending on how long my walk cool down is.

One of these was immediately after PT on Tuesday, and the other two were while I was on the road. I do love exploring new cities while running. I was on a very nice trail in Iowa City and sad I could only got for 4 x 2-minute run intervals. I’ll have to come back another day when I am able to handle long distances again. Overall, I was very happy with my running this week! This was the first week I've run three times in a long, LONG time.

PT: One in-person therapy session for about an hour. We didn’t schedule another one and although I really like the crew there, I really hope I don’t have to go see them ever again!

Total: 6 sessions for about 4:36. Not bad for being on the road for half the week!

I’m already behind because I was traveling home yesterday, Monday, and have to play catchup for a bit. I'm hoping to get into a good schedule of an easy run or a bike ride most days to get the summer off to a good start. 

I hope you had a relaxing weekend and that you are already into a good week!



No comments:

Post a Comment