Monday, May 20, 2019

Week in review May 13-19: A decent showing despite being super busy

Considering how busy last week was, I'll take this as a success.
I can finally, finally, finally breathe a small sigh of relief. Yesterday was the last day of a stretch of nearly two weeks of extreme busy-ness and stress at work. Today I am wrapping up the last of it before moving onto the next round of projects, and I am happy to have it in my rearview mirror.

One thing I am pretty proud of is that my workouts during that stretch were decent. I didn’t do anything incredible, and had to move a couple workouts to zero dark thirty, but I still got a lot done. Most importantly, I was consistent with my 3 x weekly bike trainer schedule, maintaining my streak of three trainer rides every week since our trip to Argentina in early March. I also made food prep and eating mostly healthfully a pretty high priority.

Some things just had to be let go, of course. Weight training was inconsistent these past few weeks. I’ve been going to in-person physical therapy every week, but have been doing the bare minimum of homework. My very easy, very quick run yesterday (Sunday) was the first time I’ve done anything other than one yoga session on a Sunday in nearly two months. I haven’t even thought about going to the pool or doing any other workouts.

Anyway, my totals worked out to be:

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 53 fake trainer miles in about 3:37. I didn’t have a chance to take my bike outside on Saturday due to weather and my mom being in town, sadly. But there are plenty more weekends to the summer yet, hopefully.

PT: Twice, one in-person session and one hamstring homework session, for about 1:30. Another week of the bare minimum but at least I’m doing something.

Run/Walk: Well! It’s been a while since I’ve had any running on my weekly roundup. My two very easy, very short run/walk sessions worked out to be 4.3 miles in about 1:04. Both were a half-mile walk, 2 minutes of slow running with 3 minutes walking recovery for 4 run intervals total, and a walk cooldown, either back home or to take the dogs out on a sniff and pee around the block. No huge news here but as the rust shakes off (hopefully) I’ll have more to update on that end.

Total: 7 sessions in about 6:11, reflecting that I had a couple shorter sessions this week. Still, that works out to only one day off and a double (bike + PT homework) on Saturday, so it wasn’t too shabby.

Later this week my husband and I head out of town for a few days over the Memorial Day long weekend. This is just a road trip, so logistics aren’t that complicated, but before we head out there will still be errands to run, a kitchen to clean, laundry to wash and fold, packing to do, etc. I am really hoping I can do some relaxing on this trip because I am long overdue.

I will almost certainly break my three times per week cycling streak this week, but I’m still looking to do two before we head out of town and pick it right back up next week. I also need to get my bike outside, and soon! I am sick of this unending winter keeping me indoors. I will bring some running clothes with me just in case I can fit in a wog, but hanging with friends and relaxing will be the top two priorities.

I hope your week was a great one!



No comments:

Post a Comment