Sunday, May 19, 2019

Two very, very easy test runs

I got cleared by my PT to start very easy running this week. Emphasis on the "very" — my "return to running" plan starts out with four repeats of 2 minutes of running.

I went out Friday before work and it went... OK. I still had a bit of pinching pain in the hamstring. Although, it's hard to tell what is pain from just not using my muscles in more than two months, and what's actually hamstring strain pain.

I went out again this morning and it went a bit better with a bit less pain. My hamstring felt a bit uncomfortable, but loosened up a bit. I'm not sure if it was tight and needed some running movement, or it just generally hurt less. I was concentrating on good form a bit more this time around.

So, for now, the jury's still out. I go back to PT on Thursday for what I hope is my last appointment (this time around), and if I still have pain, I think I need to look into a sports physio or a chiropractor or something else.

In the meantime, I am enjoying my time wogging in the spring blooms. This morning smelled wonderful and I was happy to be out there, even if it was only for 4 x 2 minutes running.
Gorgeous morning for a wog.

No comments:

Post a Comment