Monday, December 24, 2018

Week in review Dec. 17-23: Giving myself the gift of not freaking out about workouts

Not too shabby for the week before Christmas.
I knew this past week would include a couple late nights, trying to make work deadlines, more Christmas errands, and probably a meltdown or two. I was correct on all accounts, but at least I had planned and prepared properly.

I tried to give myself the gift of not freaking out or beating myself up if I couldn't or just didn't want to do something one day. As expected, I was sick of everything by Tuesday evening, so my husband and I went out for steak and fries cooked in duck fat. It was completely worth it.

I hit the Y after work Wednesday for a treadmill run and managed a trainer ride after a Christmas errand on Thursday. Our department had a nice Christmas lunch on Friday and both my boss and I decided afterward we weren't doing any more work this year, so we headed out early enough that I could run a virtual 5K outside before it got dark on the shortest day of the year.

My husband and I were lame and didn't make any plans for the weekend, so I was able to rally with a trainer ride, weights, and PT on Saturday; and my longest run in more than a year, PT, and yoga on Sunday. I didn't have to work today, Monday, so that saved me a few hours on food prep Sunday, which was greatly appreciated.

Even with the extra running around I managed:

Run: Three times, once on the treadmill and twice on the road, for 19.25 miles in about 3:20. For almost all of my runs, I'm only walking as a warmup and cool down, so I think I can stop calling them run/walks, at lest for now.

Bike: Twice, both on the trainer, for 34.5 fake trainer miles in about 2:37.  I couldn't rally on Tuesday but still managed a shorter ride and a longer ride later in the week.

Weights: Twice, one video and one round of heavy/body moves, in about 2:10. I can't even remember the last time I did a pull-up and I'm going to be sore for days, in a good way of course.

PT: Three times, all solo sessions of moves given to me by my therapist from long ago, for about 2 hours.

Yoga: Twice, both solo sessions, for about 35 minutes total. Hey, two yoga sessions instead of one or zero! Progress!

Total: 12 sessions in about 10:42. Hey, a 10+ hour week! Not bad at all, considering.

I've got all the Christmas presents wrapped, the dishes I'm bringing to my in-laws' brunch are prepped and ready to go, I thoroughly enjoyed a homemade hot chocolate earlier, and I am now cuddling with a dog. I'll most likely take tomorrow completely off from training to relax and visit with family, and hopefully will be getting back into in on Wednesday all caught up and ready to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment