Monday, December 17, 2018

Week in review Dec. 10-16: Hectic before the holidays

Not bad, considering how busy I was.
I am feeling the Christmas crunch. I don’t have kids, I don’t do a lot of shopping, and I don’t even bother to put up a tree anymore, but I still spend a good amount of time sending out cards, running errands, buying and cooking groceries, and crocheting last-minute scarves.

So, last week I tried to be gentle with myself and not beat myself up because I couldn’t do as many workouts as usual due to holiday errands. I ended up doing something Christmas-related after work Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, AND Friday – running to the craft store, tracking down photo paper, printing pics, wrapping gifts to get in the mail, prepping packages, and running to another craft store. It really would have been pushing it to get in a solid bike or run, AND do my PT or weights, AND knock out some holiday to-dos.

Ideally, I would have gotten up early Friday to do a speed run before work since I had a haircut scheduled for after work, but I didn’t make it to bed early enough Thursday and, let’s be honest, I just didn’t want to. Still, even skipping a full day, I had a decent showing this week. Enough to burn off some Christmas cookies, anyway, haha.

Last week included:

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for about 3.5 hours and 45.5 fake trainer miles. I’m actually pretty proud of myself for getting three solid rides done.

Run: Twice, once on the gym treadmill and once on the road, for 13.75 miles in about 2:24. I went to the gym after work one day since my home treadmill is being difficult, and it was nice enough yesterday that I could do a long-ish run outside. I’m not sure why, but both IT bands seemed to be a little aggravated. I tried to run gently and didn’t push it, and it never got to the point of pain. I also managed 6.75 of those miles running, the longest straight run I’ve done in a long, long time.

PT/Rehab: Twice for about 1.5 hours total. I mean, twice is better than zero, so I’ll take it.

Weights: One video for about an hour. Again, once is better than nothing.

Yoga: One Sunday night, much-needed session of bends, pigeons, etc. for about 15 minutes. My hips are so tight, ugh!

Total: Nine sessions in about 8:45.

While training wasn’t great, it was still decent. Plus, I made headway on that last-minute scarf, especially important because this person is impossible to shop for. I think it’s OK to trade 5 hours of crocheting someone a handmade gift for 5 hours (OK, 1-2 extra hours) of training this time of year. Plus plus, my new hair looks pretty good, just in time for the holidays. =)

I’m going to continue to take it easy and be nice to myself this week. If I can get done my holiday to-dos and one session a day, I will be thrilled. Everything else can wait until next week.



2 comments:

  1. Glad it's not just us who can't be bothered with a tree!
    And let's see the new hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll just have to take my word for it, lol!

      Delete