Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Week in review Sept. 21-27: Sad face for the bike and pool

Well, running last week was good. Swimming was pretty good, but sad since the pool closed on Sunday. And biking was another adventure with another flat tire. Arrgh!

I shouldn't complain because it wasn't a bad week. Even with a flat tire, I still got outside to ride and had a decent riding week overall. I did two pool swims, even if the second one was sad. I did some pre-hab and yoga.

I did intentionally skip weights this week to be sure I had enough time to squeeze in the last two outdoor pool swims of the year. I suppose I could have woken up earlier and raced from run to gym to pool, but, eh. It just didn't seem worth it for something that should be fun.

Triathlete magazine is putting on a "Hawaii from Home" challenge to do the distance of an Ironman in mid-October, the week Kona would have been happening, but I'm not sure what my pool situation will be then or if I will even feel comfortable going to an indoor pool. If I don't do that, I'll probably think of some challenge or another to keep me focused in October when temperatures start to dip.
Not a bad week, considering.
Last week shook out to be:

Run: Four times, all on the road, for 28 miles in about 4:41. This randomly worked out to be two days in a row, twice: Easy runs on Monday and Tuesday, and an easy run Friday morning followed by a long-ish run Saturday afternoon. It was just the way the week shook out. So far, I'm feeling good with adding that extra easy run back in the week.

Bike: Three times, one on the road for 18.5 miles and twice on the trainer, for 41 fake miles, in about 4:13. Yep, I got another flat about 16 miles into my ride. After a few weeks' hassle buying a new tire, breaking and buying new levers, fuzzing with getting the tube in the new tire, etc., I think I need to bring it to the professionals.

Swim: Twice in the pool for about 3200 meters in about 1:24. I thought about skipping my usual drills but eh, if this was the last swim of the season I wanted to go out the same way I came in.

Pre-hab: Two mobility sessions and one PT session for about 1:05. Ideally I'd like to make this two and two. Mobility goes a lot quicker but the PT definitely helps, too, so I don't want to skip it completely.

Yoga: One 20-minute session of my usual bends, twists, etc.

Total: 13 sessions in about 11:44.

Last week was a bit rough work-wise and life stress-wise, so I can't complain about training. I still did some good training. This week is off to a slow start so far, but I am feeling good by tonight, Tuesday, so hopefully I can get a good momentum going to finish out September and kick off October. Yeah, it'll be a bit weird not training for a fall race, but I'm sure I can find something to keep me motivated.

Safe and happy training to you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment