Monday, October 28, 2019

Week in review Oct. 21-27: Sickness and then laziness

Yep — just one workout each. Blech.
Ugh, what a week. I started off fine with a weights video Monday, then felt crappier and crappier as Tuesday progressed. I ended up sick in bed Tuesday evening and all day Wednesday, and didn’t work out Thursday, either, to give my body a break for one more day.

I rallied for an easy run Friday, which was actually pretty nice if a bit chilly. But then Saturday came around… and it was gloomy and rainy out… and I just wanted to relax… so that day became a do-nothing day. I ended up dyeing my hair and calculating a few months of workout totals while watching college football, so I wasn’t totally useless.

It was chilly and windy yesterday, Sunday, and since I had just run on Friday, I decided to do a long trainer ride instead of a long-ish run. It ended being fine – 4 x 20 minute sweet spot intervals, and although I had to take a little break before the fourth, I didn’t have to stop during the interval. I had enough time afterward to prep the week’s breakfasts and a couple of days’ worth of lunches. Not great, not terrible, just fine. By Sunday evening I had given up on anything too productive, anyway. I did some yoga before a bedtime snack and called it.

My sick and lazy week ended up as:

Bike: One trainer ride of 30.5 fake trainer miles in about 2 hours, 2 minutes.

Weights: One video followed by pullup/chinup practice for about 1 hour, 15 minutes.

Run: One easy 5-miler with some walking warmup/cooldown for 5.57 total in about 58 minutes.

Yoga: 15 minutes of my own bends, twists, pigeons, etc.

Total: Four workouts in 4.5 hours.

If you take out the three sick days, it’s actually not terrible. I’m not going to beat myself up too much for taking the occasional lazy Saturday. And I am happy that I rallied for a nice, long ride on Sunday.

Today was warm-ish and sunny but, sadly, there aren’t many more warm-ish and sunny days in the forecast. And, even more sadly, Daylight Savings ends this weekend, which is a huge bummer for after-work runs. I will try to get in the habit of before-work runs but man, dark AND cold? Yeccchh.

Hopefully your week was more productive and less illness-filled than mine. After a crappy week like that, hopefully I can only improve on it for this coming week. And don't forget: Get your flu shot! I’m going to give myself a few more days to finish up with the lingering sniffles and cough but then I will be at the pharmacy getting my shot for the good of humankind. I DON’T want to spend any more sick days on the couch.



No comments:

Post a Comment