Monday, October 7, 2019

Week in review Sept. 30-Oct. 6: Football and family among some fitness

Some good running and a bit of other stuff, too.
I started a review of September but then I got distracted with other stuff – grrr!

Anyway. I knew last week wasn’t going to be a home run and that I would have to be careful with my schedule to get any workouts done at all. My sister was in town for a few days, so I took one day off work and training to hang out with her and my brother-in-law. We also had tickets to my husband’s alma mater’s football game on Saturday. We had a great time and great weather, but I think I am done with college football games for the year – noon games are an all-day commitment by the time we drop off our dogs at my parents’ house, drive to town, enjoy the game, wait for traffic to clear, pick up the dogs, etc. etc. etc. I know I’m complaining about something fun, and it was fun, but I hate giving up a whole weekend day. One or two games per season is enough for me.

I wisely front-loaded my week with a trainer ride and a weights video on Monday. My sister’s plans changed on Tuesday and we ended up doing a late dinner, which gave me time for an easy run after work and a quick shower at my gym before heading out to see her. I forgot flip-flops, so I’m sure my next post will be about how my feet fell off from whatever shower fungus I picked up.

I left work a bit early Wednesday to get in another trainer ride before they came over for a barbecue dinner and hanging out, during which my dogs tried their hardest to convince my sister and brother-in-law that dogs actually do eat barbecue. Thursday was my day off both work and training for family time (breakfast, cards, more snuggling with the mutts, and other shenanigans) and I rallied again for a great speed run after work Friday. I didn’t do any training Saturday because of the game, but I did go for a nice, long-ish run yesterday afternoon in the sunshine during a break in my usual weekly food prep.

I didn’t do any PT or yoga but considering the week, I am happy with what I could accomplish. It worked out to be:

Run: Three times, all on the road, for 18.25 miles in about 3:05. A few additional run notes: Tuesday’s run was 88 degrees and humid, and I was covered with gnats by the end. Friday’s run was 48 and getting dark by the time I left my late work event. However, all of my quarter-mile repeats Friday were at a pace that began with a 7, so I was super happy to see that. Sunday’s run was sunny and warm and my husband joined me for the first 2.5 miles before I did another 5 on my own. My left hip is randomly a bit sore today (probably from the lack of PT and yoga lately) but other than that, it was a great running week. I feel like running is the only thing I did relatively well last week!

Bike: Twice, both on the trainer, for 31 fake miles in about 2:05. Nothing special here, I just picked a couple of my favorite Trainer Road workouts, watched Netflix, and got it done.

Weights:
One video plus some chinup and pullup practice for about an hour total.

Total: Six sessions in about 6:10. I knew I wasn’t going to be breaking any records, especially with two days off. Of course I wish I had more time but all things considered, I’m happy.

Fingers crossed that this coming week will be much more boring and I can log some good training hours. I’m hopeful for another double Monday tonight, and Saturday is pretty much blocked off for Kona viewing =) and whatever workouts I can do while watching. I don’t want to make ANY plans; I just want to stay in and focus on getting some training in, cooking healthy food at home, and trying to get to bed at a decent hour, if that’s not too much to ask.

I hope your weeks are all off to a great start.



No comments:

Post a Comment