Friday, October 25, 2019

Out with a cold for a couple of days

Last Friday I had the dreaded throat tickle. Nooooo! I thought, and drank a bunch of tea and took an antihistamine. Saturday, 5K day, I felt fine, so I figured I had dodged a bullet. Sunday I felt fine and did a nice, long trainer ride, although I was tired. Sadly, by Monday the throat tickle was back, and on Tuesday my nose was running like a faucet and I was starting to feel lousy.

Yuck! I took a day off work and spent most of the day in a Benadryl-induced slumber, trying to shake off whatever it was. Most of the time I was awake, my view was this:
Kleenex, orange juice, tea, and two furry nurses trying to make me feel better.
I was feeling a million times better by Thursday, but I took an extra day off workouts just to give my body extra time to rest. Today (Friday) after work I went for a nice, easy run in the brisk air and everything felt fine. And I got more nice views:
I accidentally scared the ducks but they swam back to shore pretty quickly. 
Fall colors were GORGEOUS!
It was chilly and I wished I had a slightly warmer shirt but I survived and headed home to a nice, warm shower.

Hopefully that was the extent of my cold or allergies or whatever sickness and I can power through the rest of fall. And: Get your flu shot! The pharmacy didn't have them yet last time I was there but you bet I'll be making another stop as soon as I'm feeling back to 100%.



No comments:

Post a Comment