Monday, September 9, 2019

Week in review Sept. 2-8: Migraine Monday, Work in the Kitchen Wednesday, and a Way Too Much Weekend

Bleh.
As far as training goes, it was a dud of a week. It was a combination of a sick day and a couple of other random occurrences that made it feel like the training gods were against me. I got a lot of other stuff done but unfortunately training had to take a backseat.

I had good intentions to get up early Monday, Labor Day, and do a trainer ride before I headed to barre. As soon as I sat up the world spun around me and I wanted to barf. I get vertigo with a migraine sometimes and I am pretty sure that’s what was going on. So instead of a nice workout, I spent the majority of the day lying flat on the couch. Ugh!

I felt better later and did a run after work Tuesday, but by Wednesday we were out of food since I hadn’t had a chance to meal prep on Monday. So, that day became a garden and kitchen day. I had high hopes I would be able to squeeze in a trainer ride but there was just too much to do. On the plus side, I didn’t have to worry about too much cooking for the rest of the week.

I did do a nice trainer ride and a decent speed run on Thursday and Friday, but Saturday we were in my husband’s college town all day for football. I would have had to get up at something like 5:30 a.m. to fit in a workout before we took the dogs to my parents’ and … I just wasn’t doing that on a Saturday. Running errands Sunday afternoon ended up taking WAY longer than expected, and between that and food prepping for this week, I ran out of time to fit in another trainer ride. On another plus side, I did hit more than 10,000 steps both Saturday and Sunday, so not all was lost.

By the time evening rolled around last night I was ready to cut bait on the week and start over fresh today. My disappointing week turned out to be:

Run: Twice for about 9.25 miles in about 1.5 hours. Running was the most exciting part of the week: Tuesday’s run included a sprint home before I got struck by lightning, and then going out again after the storm moved out to finish on an even mileage. Friday’s run included some decent progressively faster miles, the last at 8:14, although I needed a few walk breaks in there. I’m sure that my run fitness will eventually return and the walk breaks will be fewer and farther between.

Bike: One trainer ride for 16 fake trainer miles in just longer than an hour.

Total: Three sessions in about 2.5 hours.

It was definitely nothing to write home about this week. I’m not always going to be able to prioritize training and that has to be OK since, you know, I do have other things going on in my life. I have a couple of stressful events planned for later in the week and I am hoping staying on a solid training schedule for the next few days will help with reduce some of the anxiety that will come along with that. The bar it pretty low and I am looking to clear it!



No comments:

Post a Comment