Monday, September 2, 2019

Week in review Aug. 26-Sept. 1: Not bad for the last unofficial bit of summer

Unfortunately, this Labor Day holiday has been a dud so far. I had good intentions to wake up early and do a trainer ride before barre class, but as soon as I got out of bed the world started spinning around me. I sometimes do get vertigo with a migraine, and I was lucky enough to avoid the pain and light sensitivity this time, but I was confined to the bed and couch for a couple of hours until the spinning sensation stopped.
But I had a couple of furry nurses and my Oscar the Grouch shorts.
But while the world was spinning only as fast as normal last week, it was pretty good as far as training goes, especially since it was the last unofficial weekend of summer. Sad face! I knew I had plans Tuesday evening and had to work Wednesday evening, so I was able to plan ahead and rally for a run Wednesday morning before my long day. I ran out of time to hit the bike route closed to car traffic on Saturday, but I did a nice long trainer ride that day in addition to two other rides. I also did my usual three runs for a pretty well-rounded week.

My runs went pretty well. My morning run was slower than usual, as morning runs usually are for me. My Friday "speed" run (three half-mile pickups) went pretty well and I had no knee pain! I did have a couple of twinges on my Sunday "long" run but nothing that stuck around too long, so that was a relief. I'm up to 5 miles running; yes, I have a long way to go, but that is about 4.5 miles longer than I could do without pain a few months ago, so I'll take it!
A nice solid amount of biking and not too shabby for running and other.
Overall, I can't complain about the week's training:

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 57.5 fake trainer miles in about 3:40.

Run: Three times, all on the road, for 14.5 miles in about 2:32.

PT: Three times for about 1:45.

Weights: One video plus extra chinup and pullup practice for about 1:05.

Total: 10 sessions (!) in about 9:12.

This was the first time since the week of July 4th that I hit 9 hours (something about summer holidays?) and I'm happy with my continued, even if slow, improvement in my running. It wasn't a rock star week, but it was another week of consistency.

I hope you had a good long weekend and that your return to a routine tomorrow goes as calmly as possible!




No comments:

Post a Comment