Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Week in review Oct. 15-21: Not a monster but not bad

A nice variety.
Tuesday night already, eeek! I had family in town today so I spent all evening yesterday tidying up and just got home from a wonderful day with them today. I'm late but it was well worth it.

Anyway. I knew that last week wouldn’t be as good for training as the week before. I had a harder time starting the week on a strong note, and then for the SECOND week in a row, it started raining Friday afternoon when I had plans for an after-work speed run. I can do wet and I can do cold, but not both. Blech. So I did the logical thing and stayed inside, watched a movie (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, finally, which I loved), and ordered in barbecue.

It was also a frustrating week for health issues. I had an abnormal pap smear a few weeks ago so had to go back last week for additional tests (ladies, if you are overdue for your pap, call your doc right now, seriously) and then somehow one of my thyroid medications went missing somewhere between my doctor’s office and my pharmacy. ????? GRRRRR! So that was annoyance and stress I really didn’t need.

Throughout all that, I still had a decent week. I made it to the pool! Hooray! And did a bit of everything else except weights for some reason. I couldn’t squeeze in a video or barre class during the week and I was on a tight schedule Saturday so had to pass up my usual heavy/body routine time.

It worked out to be:

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 41.75 fake trainer miles in about 3:38. I’m doing all these via Trainer Road, EXCEPT that I keep forgetting to charge my phone beforehand on Saturdays and it keeps dying halfway through the ride. Harumph. I know I need to retest my FTP but... I don't want to.

Run/Walk: Twice, both on the road, for 10.45 miles in about 1:53. Nothing out of the ordinary here, just one easy run and one long-ish run, with one extra run interval. Both days were chilly but otherwise fine.

PT/Rehab: Twice, both solo sessions, for about 1.5 hours. Nothing out of the ordinary here, either.

SWIM! Once in the pool for 1750 yards, all drills, in about 59 minutes. I have been struggling to get to the pool. The pools most convenient to my home and work don't have lap hours until later in the evening, and one has very limited parking, so I haven't been good about going. Last Monday, I went to a third pool that was more out of the way, yards, warm, and kind of dingy, BUT I could park and hop in at 6 p.m. with no problems and only one other person. Sooooo... that's what I did. Of course it was very slow but considering I've been to the pool single-digit times this year, I'll take whatever I can get.

Yoga: One solo session for about 15 minutes.

Total: Nine sessions for about 8.25 hours. Overall, not bad at all!

It wasn't another monster week, but it was still more than a workout a day for more than an hour a day, which is about what I consider a "good" week these days. Hopefully I can use this to have a slightly more "good" week this week.



2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty good week! I also loved Three Billboards; the small town dynamic was portrayed really well.
    And as for the FTP test, do a ramp test. It doesn't take as long as a regular test and I think it's pretty accurate.
    (My last pap test was a horrendous experience so I need to find a new doctor for next time - boo.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the ramp test in my Trainer Road and I don't remember it being one of the options last time (although it's possible I just missed it), so I will give it a try!
      Sorry to hear you had a bad pap experience. They're already not fun!

      Delete