Wednesday, October 10, 2018

A goal for the end of the year

After my duathlon last month, and now that I am feeling better about my knee cooperating with my return to running and riding, I started thinking about some new goals.

I wrote a few weeks ago about running-specific goals: Log a sub-27:00 5K on my new Garmin and train for my first real attempt at an open half marathon at 1:59:59 or better this spring. But I do want to continue to improve on the bike, and get back to swimming.

So I am going to try to work out 100 times between October 1 and December 31. This counts yoga, PT, and anything else that I log in my training spreadsheet and Daily Mile. I don't have any hard and fast rules; workouts don't need to be X minutes or anything. I'm already off to a good start with 13 sessions since Oct. 1. If I average 7-8 sessions per week I'll be doing great.

I also really want to get back into the pool. Something fun I've noticed people doing this year is a birthday triathlon, doing the number of years they're turning as minutes swimming, biking, and running. My birthday is on a Tuesday this year but I think I can do it! It will be a good goal to keep me motivated until then.

So, here's to keeping a workout routine through the end of the year. It won't hurt to have the habit going strong to counteract all the turkey and Christmas cookies sure to be consumed.
Goals for the remainder of 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment