Monday, September 10, 2018

Week in review Sept. 3-9: Meets expectations

Not a shabby week.
If I were evaluating my week I would say it “met expectations.” I did my usual amount of biking and running, and did a little bit of PT, weight lifting, and yoga. Overall it wasn’t bad, even if there was nothing spectacular about it.

I had Monday off work for Labor Day and went to a morning barre class, and did my PT later in the day. It got hotter and hotter during the week, so while my trainer ride and PT indoors Tuesday was fine, I couldn’t muster up any energy Wednesday to run outside in 90-something heat. (We went out to dinner instead.) I did make up for it by doing a two-a-day of a run before work and a trainer ride after work on Thursday.

It was much cooler on Friday and Saturday, and I did something that a resembled a speed run after work Friday followed by an outdoor ride Saturday, hooray! By Sunday it was downright chilly and I ran in tights and a long-sleeved shirt. From too hot to run outside to long pants and sleeves within four days. That’s living in Michigan, in a nutshell.

By the numbers:

Bike: 3 times, 2 x 10 fake miles on the trainer and one 25-mile ride on the road, for about 3:18 total. I was very proud of myself for changing out my rear tube before my ride on Saturday (I snapped off the rear stem valve AGAIN before my race last weekend), but it did take a bit of time and I could only do two laps of my closed-to-traffic route before it opened again.

Run/walk: 3 times, all on the road, for 12.35 miles in about 2:18. This was one super-early run, one kind-of-speedy run, and one a-bit-longer-than-normal run. I’m going to do the 6:00 run, 1:00 walk interval ratio for another week, I think.

PT: 2 solo sessions for about 1:15 each. Not NEARLY enough. I start the week with good intentions and lose more and more time in the evenings as I try to catch up on other stuff, and PT suffers.

Weights: One hour-long barre class. We hung out with friends Saturday evening, so I made a dish to pass for that instead of doing my heavy weight routine. No regrets; they fed us spare ribs from their smoker.

Yoga: I did do a quick 15-minute session Sunday night after I was done food prepping, before bedtime, when I really didn’t have enough time to do either of my PT routines.

Total: 10 sessions for a bit longer than 8 hours.

This is what I am happy with right now for bike and run. Of course I would like to add more PT, yoga, and weights, but I am happy I did a little bit of everything. Getting in the pool isn’t a priority right now; maybe I will change things around once the weather turns and I’m not looking to be outside much.

Speaking of weather, it’s supposed to warm back up this week so I am looking forward to a few more runs in t-shirts and shorts yet this season. I am hoping to get a few more rides in and as many runs as possible before there's five feet of snow on the ground.




No comments:

Post a Comment