Tuesday, September 18, 2018

A belated Sept. 10-16 week in review

Guys. This last week has been incredibly busy. I was at a conference for a few days, at a college football game all day Saturday, and managing multiple projects at work. I'm not sure whose bright idea it was to have several huge things happen next week and I'm at my wit's end.

So, this little corner of blogworld has been, and probably will be for another week or so, neglected. But, at the very least, I wanted to do a quick write-up of what happened last week for posterity.
Considering my crappy week, I'll take it.
PT: Three homework sessions for about 2 hours.

Bike: Twice, both on the trainer, for 10 fake trainer miles in about 1:44.

Run/walk: Twice, both on the road, for 8.25 miles in about 1:37.

Weights: One barre class for about an hour.

Total: Eight sessions in about 6:21. I mean, it wasn't terrible, considering, so I won't complain.

A couple other things of note:

I've been going to barre Monday nights for a while now, 6 of the past 7 Mondays (although one of those was during the day on Labor Day). It seems to be working for me for some reason; the start time isn't so early that I have to rush from work, it's an hour that I can compartmentalize without using too much brain effort on a Monday, it's a day off from cardio on the day after I usually run, etc.

I've been adding a bit more resistance to my bike rides and feeling OK. I wish I could carve out more time to ride outside on the weekends but this is where I'm at for now. I feel pretty good about re-starting my Trainer Road subscription in the next month or two.

Running is also coming along. I've been doing 6:00 run/1:00 walk and will probably add another minute to the run intervals next week while keeping the 1 minute recovery. I have the odd discomfort in my knee but have not had actual pain in a while, knock on wood. I'll probably get myself to a 10:00/1:00 rotation before I consider myself "healed" enough to run nonstop regularly.

I need more time in the day/to win the lottery/to make a few clones of me to do the day job, housecleaning, food prepping, etc. so the real me can just train, play with the dogs, and garden all day.

I miss swimming. I miss training for a big (even a relatively "big") event. I miss the athlete I was a few years ago. I want to get back to half-iron and full marathon shape. I know it will take time and I need to be patient. Getting my knee back into run/walk shape and getting my thyroid meds under control so I stopped having anxiety attacks were big steps in the right direction. I need to keep taking these baby steps and trust the process. It doesn't mean I have to like it, but I will do it. I will be back! Eventually.

Lastly, my sister just moved to a town that hosts an Ironman 70.3. It's tempting. It may have to be my comeback race next year... we'll see.



No comments:

Post a Comment