Monday, September 24, 2018

Week in review Sept. 17-23: (Almost) too busy to do anything but run

A decent amount of running and a smattering of some other stuff.
It was A WEEK. I am elbows deep in three huge projects at work, two of which launch this week, and I'm also in the middle of it for my and my husband's side business. I am so stressed out I woke up last Wednesday in full-body hives and I've had a scratchy throat since Saturday.

As a result of all the nuttiness I needed to take a couple nights off training and life last week. After work on Thursday the only thing I did was make a tomato sauce and then dinner. It was surprisingly relaxing. By Saturday I wasn't feeling great so after my morning routine of brunch with friends and a trip to the market, I drank tea, took a nap, and watched TV. It was glorious.

My one victory all week was getting in my three runs. I saw the sunset one night, tried to do four speed repeats and only managed 2.5 another night, and enjoyed an awesome "long" run on what is probably going to be one of the last wonderful nights of summer weather. Even on my "failed" speed run I still managed my fastest 5K and my fastest mile since I got my new Garmin. So really, the runs were wins all around.

I still managed a barre class, a bike ride, a PT session, and some yoga, so the week wasn't a total failure. I should have done more PT at the very least, but I've definitely had worse weeks.

It shook out to be:

Run/Walk: Three times, all on the road, for 12.8 miles in about 2:23.

Weights: One hour-long barre class.

Bike: One trainer ride of 10 fake trainer miles in about 53:00.

PT/Rehab: One solo session for about 30 minutes. Blah.

Yoga: One 20-minute solo session.

Total: Seven sessions in a bit longer than 5 hours. Except for totally dropping the PT ball, it wasn't terrible, especially considering my week.

I keep telling myself, I just have to get through Saturday and then I can have my life back. I'm hoping to get a couple of workouts in, and stay on track with my healthy eating, and get decent nights' sleep. That's about all I can hope for this week and if I can do that it'll be another victory.



No comments:

Post a Comment