Monday, September 3, 2018

Week in review Aug. 27-Sept. 2: Not a lot of volume but a multisport RACE!

Lots of running and a decent amount of other stuff.
I didn't do a lot of volume last week but I had a lot of success otherwise. I ran the most times and the farthest that I have in a long time, and I did my first multisport race in three years with a duathlon on Sunday (race report coming soon).

The week included taking a day off to rest up before my race and a couple of multiple sessions on other days. I had good luck with the weather and got to run outside for all of my runs, although it was hot and muggy — one night I waited until the sun went down but the real feel was still hotter than 90 degrees. But I can handle hot and muggy; I just slow it down.

Overall, the week included:

Run: FIVE times if you count both runs of my duathlon separately, all outside, for 15.76 miles in about 2:48. I haven't run five times in months, and everything felt mostly OK. It's also the most I've run in a week since I came back to running in May. So overall, I'm thrilled with the week, but am also looking forward to taking it easy this coming week.

Bike: Three times, twice on the trainer for 15 fake miles and one outdoor race on the road for 10.88 miles, for about 2:07 overall. No surprises here.

Pre-hab/PT: Two sessions for about 1:15 overall. Not nearly enough.

Weights: One hour-long barre class. I didn't do my Saturday routine because I didn't want to be sore for my Sunday race.

Total: 11 sessions in about 7:09. This is still an hour a day and includes a race, so I'm happy with it.

Besides training, I did a lot of garden work and cooking up all that garden produce, which will continue into this week, too. I ran some errands one night and I hung out with friends one day. So while I could have done more training, I had a great race and spend some time doing "other," which is about all I can ask for.



No comments:

Post a Comment