Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Update: Knee still hurts.

Hilarious image borrowed from The Tiny Terror
I have nothing to update, really. My knee still hurts occasionally and I'm not doing anything.

I got into the doctor right away last week and got a referral for an orthopedist next week, which is light speed in doctor referral time. I don't think it would be a good idea to do anything strenuous until I see him.

I went out of town starting last Thursday and got back yesterday (Tuesday) and walked around a lot, and my knee was mostly fine. I got the occasional pinch or twinge but nothing legitimately painful. I actually brought my old crutches with me, just in case, but was able to leave them in the car.

Once I forgot and tried to run across the street to beat a red light. My knee let me know immediately that THAT WAS NOT OK. Honestly, I'm afraid to try riding right now because won't that also put pressure directly on my knee? Should I cancel my Trainer Road subscription? Ugh.

Plus, I signed up for a very cool race Friday and now I can't do it. I was able to transfer my registration and get some money back but *I* wanted to run it. So I am annoyed about that, too.

Right now I am just laying low and trying to enjoy the holidays without any training. The silver lining is I am getting a LOT of crocheting done. I might try to get into the pool next week because what else am I doing? 

Honestly I'm pretty bummed that I can't do any running and am looking forward to hopefully getting some answers next week. In the meantime I am trying to rest and think positive thoughts but, not going to lie, it's hard.

At least tomorrow is Thanksgiving.





1 comment:

  1. Bummer, and I'm sorry about the race—but you're right that the bright side is more time for swimming. Yoga, too!

    ReplyDelete