Saturday, November 4, 2017

A look back at October (finally)

Ugh! It has been a busy week. My life has been work, squeeze an hour of something active, cook, shop, pay some attention to my husband and dogs, and go to bed way too late. It's been exhausting.

When I finally had a chance to add up my October totals, it was pretty obvious I haven't had as much time to train as I would like. This was my smallest volume month since March, when I took it easy running after a weekend of 30+ miles in late February. I really only made two of my goals, both running-related, and didn't accomplish much else.
Running was my priority for October, but I didn't do a whole lot else.
By the numbers, it was:

Run: 16 times, for 100 miles in a bit longer than 16 hours. 100 miles was a goal for me, so yay! This included a fun 5K as part of the Detroit Free Press Marathon weekend.

Bike: 4 trainer rides for 5 hours. I rode once early in the month and had a good last week of the month and that was it.

Weights: 2 heavy/body sessions for about 2.5 hours. Ugh. Not even a once per week average.

Yoga: 3 times for a bit less than an hour. Again: Ugh. Not even a once per week average.

Total: 25 sessions in about 24.5 hours. A solid month for running, but blah for everything else.

In addition to making my 100-mile running goal, I also surpassed 1,000 miles for the year later in the month. It's only the fourth time in my life I've done this, so I'm thrilled. 

But none of my other goals got accomplished. I didn't lift twice per week, I didn't start using a TrainerRoad program, I didn't even get into the pool once. Ugh.

I'm doing the best I can with my limited free time, and I'm still getting in a few solid workouts here and there, so I can't be too mad. Let's see if I can't make some improvements for November.


No comments:

Post a Comment