Saturday, February 11, 2017

Three years and a bad run turned good

Well, yesterday marked three years of blogging. I came into the game very late, but I feel it’s been a fun exercise for keeping myself accountable and following through on my goals. It's interesting to pull up entries from a month or a year ago and see if I have accomplished anything I wanted to.


I had a really bad day on Thursday. I had to be at work at 6:30 a.m. for a special event, didn't get to eat breakfast until hours later, and still had to work my regular day. I came home to find someone in my parking spot, so I parked in the spot of my neighbor who is never there. Ten minutes later he was sending an email to our entire building threatening to tow my car. GRRRRR!

I had wanted to do 7 miles of speed work, but I just couldn't summon the mental energy. I bargained with myself to get on the treadmill and do 5 at a very easy pace. One episode of Orange is the New Black later and I felt like a new woman. No, it wasn't ideal, but at last I did SOMETHING on a day when I really wanted to do nothing.

Success is the sum of small efforts right? Or small runs, even on craptastic days.




No comments:

Post a Comment