Thursday, April 21, 2016

First bug of the season

Nope.
Yesterday was the first time this season I went straight from work to a nearby running trail. I look forward to running this trail all day, it has some decent hills, and there's no excuse for not getting it done. Wins all around.

This trail is also on a major flood plain. Which means there's a lot of lakes and rivers. Which means there are a lot of bugs. Running through a cloud of gnats, it was finally unavoidable. One flew right into my mouth.

I stepped off the trail and tried to cough and spit it up, but with no luck. As I also posted on Facebook, "There are few things grosser than the feeling of a bug sliding down your throat." An older gentleman running by the opposite look gave me a strange look, so I told him what had happened so he wouldn't call the police on me.

I'll stick to my Gu, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment