Monday, July 12, 2021

Week in review July 5-11: A light week around a few adventures

Not a bad mix for a short week.
Last week ended up being a short and very easy training week. I had Monday off work, and I needed the extra time off to veg in the morning, make a bacon brunch, and get my hair cut and dyed. My husband's friends got last-minute Cubs tickets, so we headed out of town Saturday morning for a whirlwind trip to Chicago.

I still squeezed 7 workouts into the three days I did exercise, but it just wasn't a priority last week. I'm totally OK with taking an easy week after a few 14-15 hour weeks. And, I did plenty of walking around Chicago on game day, so at least I did something.
A lower-volume week but still a good variety.
A quick roundup:

Bike: Twice, both on the trainer, for 34.5 fake trainer miles in about 2:03. I finished a Netflix series and did two of my usual rides. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

PT/Pre-hab: Twice, one mobility and one runner PT, for about 1:15.

Run: Once on the road for 7 miles in about 1:10. This was just an easy run after a weights video, trying and failing to miss the heat and humidity of the day.

Weights: One mid-week video for about 1:05.

Yoga: One Down Dog app session for 15 minutes.

Total: 7 sessions in about 5:47.

I enjoyed my light week last week, but I'm looking forward to getting back to more structured training this week. We'll see if the weather holds out.



No comments:

Post a Comment