Monday, July 19, 2021

Week in review July 12-18: Back into a routine

A run-heavy but still pretty good week.
It wasn't a GREAT week last week, and I still have a lot of things to work on (an old boss called this "a target-rich environment"), but last week felt pretty normal as far as getting back into a training routine.

Because I was out of town the previous weekend and skipped a long run, I kicked off the week hard with a quad Monday: A run, my usual Monday core and Monday mobility, and yoga because it was a run day. I knew that I had to work late on Thursday, so I tried to keep it going through mid-week. I made it to Wednesday before I had to skip on a weights workout, when I was so zapped from a run in the heat I just needed to drink ice water in the air conditioning for a while. It ended up being the right decision.

I also skipped a run Friday because it was pouring rain and I didn't feel like trying to go to the gym for the first time in a year and a half. The rest did me good because I hit the weekend hard with an FTP test during which I gained 9 more watts and a heavy lifting routine Saturday, and a 12-mile run Sunday morning. It was already hot when I got out there and it ended up being the slowest I've run in a while. I may have taken walking drink breaks, but I didn't quit. And I found a cold, working water fountain, hooray!

I still need to get my bike outside and sign up for something. Other than that, the week was pretty uneventful. By the numbers, it was:
Not bad overall volume.
Run: Three times, all on the road, for 26.5 miles in about 4:29.

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 60 fake trainer miles in about 3:38. 

PT: Five times, three mobility and two running PT, for about 2:45.

Weights: Twice, one core and one heavy/body routine, for about 1:45.

Yoga: Three times on run days via the Down Dog app for about 45 minutes total.

Total: 16 sessions in about 13:22.

Like I said, nothing spectacular but enough to feel like a normal routine again. I'm already off to a good start this week, so let's see how long I can keep the momentum going this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment