Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Week in review Nov. 25-Dec. 1: Not bad for two days nearly completely off

Not a shabby week, considering the mid-week festivities.
(I forgot to publish this last night — eek! Happy Tuesday!)

I knew there would be downtime in in the middle of last week with my birthday and Thanksgiving, so I planned to hit Monday and Tuesday hard and rally on Friday for a strong weekend. What really happened was I poked Monday and Tuesday, rested and relaxed most of Wednesday and Thursday, and had a strong rally Friday through the weekend. I’ll take it.

I did my usual Monday trainer ride and Tuesday run after work, although I got stuck in a huge traffic jam on the way home from the gym Tuesday and didn’t eat dinner until around 9:30 p.m. (I had to coach my husband over the phone how I wanted an onion chopped and ground beef seasoned, but he did it.) I took Wednesday off work to mourn/celebrate turning the big 4-0, and also took it off from training. I really wanted a day just to relax and do whatever I wanted, and it was great. We went out for breakfast, we got massages, I upgraded my phone, etc.

Thursday, American Thanksgiving, I hit the mimosas and family started coming over to our house late morning. We went out to an early dinner, but did desserts and coffee afterward for a few hours back at our place. By the time everyone was gone at 5:30 or so, I was so confused about what day and time it was. We watched TV for a bit and I got kind of bored with being a slug, so I did a bit of yoga, bought one thing online, and called it a day.

I did have Friday off work and I hate the whole concept of Black Friday shopping, so I did some training instead. I went to barre class, worked on chin-ups and pull-ups at home, went for an easy run after it warmed up a bit, and even did my PT. And I was done with plenty of time left for us to go see a movie Zombieland: Double Tap, exactly the sort of brainless (haha) comedy we were hoping for.

Saturday I did my usual long ride and then my PT, and Sunday I did a long-ish run (I’m back up to 7.5 miles running) and more PT. Three days is the most PT I’ve done in a week in at least three months shame on me. But it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that the hip pain I’ve been experiencing lately is probably due to neglecting PT exercises.

Overall, the week worked out to be:

Run: Three times, once on the treadmill and twice outside, for 19 miles in about 3:13 total. This is almost exactly the same time I ran last week with an extra half-mile total mileage, which I attribute to doing my long run slightly faster. I’m not really trying to go faster, but my hip is feeling better enough that I don’t have to go quite as slowly, if that makes sense.

Bike: Twice, both on the trainer, for 46.5 fake trainer miles in about 3:05. I knew I would have to skip at least one regular workout with the holiday/birthday, and decided to skip the third bike session. Eh, whatever.

PT: Three times of my most recent prescribed moves and rolling out of the quads and calves for about 1:45 total.

Weights: One barre class followed by pull-up/chin-up practice for about 1:10.

Yoga: One solo session for about 15 minutes.

Total: 10 sessions in a hair under 9.5 hours. Not shabby at all. I could have gotten up super early on Thanksgiving and done one more, but… eh. I’m happy with how the week turned out.

Last week was fun but I am appreciating being back in my routine. I prepped healthy lunches for the week Sunday and made sure to eat the rest of the brownies before I went to bed you know, to get them out of the house (haha). I’m not appreciating getting up early, leaving my dogs, and going to work, but adulthood and all that. I am hoping to knock out some consistent workouts so I can get this week and December going as healthfully as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment