Monday, December 9, 2019

Week in review Dec. 2-8: Slow to get into a groove and the start of Christmas shenanigans

Not a great week, but not terrible, either.
It was A Week. I had a work event Wednesday night, and that derailed most of the rest of my week. Add in it getting dark at 5 p.m., difficulty sleeping, and beginnings of holiday stress, and I never really did get into a good groove last week.

It wasn’t all doom and gloom. I still rode the trainer three times, and ran 8 miles for the first time in over a month. My hip is still being weird, but it’s not feeling any worse and I’m not in actual pain. We did our annual Christmas photo shoot with the dogs and got one usable pic. We had an amazingly hilarious time at a Christmas party with friends. It was still a good week, just not a great one as far as training.

I also got to sleep in Saturday morning and felt like a new woman afterward. It was short-lived, as we were out late for the party Saturday and watching the series finale of Silicon Valley Sunday. Oh, well.

Like I said, it wasn’t terrible:

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 63.5 fake trainer “miles” in about 4:07. This was my one real victory last week! I am coming up on another scheduled FTP test, and I honestly don’t think I’m ready yet. There are still workouts I need to take short breaks to complete, so I will keep chugging away for a bit yet.

Run: Twice, once on the treadmill and once on the road, for 14 miles total in about 2:26. I just didn’t have any energy left by Friday evening, so took the night off to do our Christmas pics and make dinner instead. I was passed out in bed by 11 p.m. I obviously needed the rest more than I needed a third run.

Yoga: One 15-minute session to try to stretch out my hips and lower back.

Total:
Six sessions in about 6:48.

They can’t all be rock star weeks, and I’m happy to have done what I did. And, I got some non-training, important other stuff done too. My goal is to regroup for the coming week so I have a strong base going into the holiday season. Making time to work out can be stressful but not working out at all makes me a short fuse, so it’s better for everyone in the long run!



No comments:

Post a Comment