Saturday, November 30, 2019

A week of celebration and Thanksgiving

My birthday usually falls during the week of Thanksgiving, so the past few days have been nothing but eating, celebrating, and other mild debauchery.

I really don't care about how many calories are in stuffing or pie, and I really don't care to punish myself with exercise to burn off calories. I eat my food, I enjoy my food. I choose to train (most days), I enjoy my training (most days). If I do a Turkey Trot, great. If I sit on the couch and watch The Godfather all day, also great.

I had to stop one Thanksgiving discussion from going too far into calories and points because... come on. It's Thanksgiving. Eat your turkey cupcakes.

I didn't do any activity on my birthday but I did do some stretching after everyone left on Thanksgiving day. I picked it back up Friday (I had the day off work) with a barre class, a run, and my PT. I continued today with a trainer ride and more PT. I wasn't "burning off my dinner." I was training because I like to train.

I found a few memes that perfectly sum up my feelings on the matter:



I plan on getting back into my normal eating routine for December, indulging at parties and gatherings when I want. I won't "burn off" those meals, either. I'll eat what I want, train when I want, and enjoy myself — and I hope you do, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment