Monday, December 30, 2019

Week in review Dec. 23-29: When I don't have to work, I train a lot! Amazing!

A great week for me!
I had an enjoyable week of Christmas vacation last week. I cooked and baked, I slept in, I had (mostly) a good time with family, and I trained a lot. I took the actual day of Christmas off, but I did at least one thing every other day. Bonus: The weather cooperated enough that I got to do all my three runs outside. Yay!

I also felt good enough on my long run, and have been doing my PT religiously enough, that I could knock out 9.5 miles running. It's been almost a year since I've been able to do that with all the weirdness in my hamstrings, IT band, knee, etc. and I have been very careful to build my running mileage back up slowly.

I am hopeful I can continue to build to 2 solid hours of running once a week, before I try to bring my pace down a bit. Ideally I would like to take on a spring half marathon, but I'm not making any plans quite yet.

I had great numbers last week:

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 62.5 fake trainer miles in about 4:07. I thought about doing slightly longer rides during my time off, but in the end I spent the extra time lifting or doing PT, or rushing off to a family event. I'm satisfied with this.

Also, I was planning on doing another FTP test sooner rather than later but ... my usual workouts are still feeling pretty hard, so I am going to put that off for another few weeks

Run: Three times, all on the ROAD, for 22.75 miles in about 3:43. I love running during the day! This worked out to be an easy Christmas Eve run (for which I dressed all in red and green, haha), a nice speed run with actual half-mile pickups (not my fastest but still decent), and the long run of 9.5 miles. These were all chilly but not so cold I was uncomfortable, so this is a big win for me. Yay!

Weights: Twice, one of my heavy/body weight sessions and one video, for about 2:20 total. I skipped my pullup/chinup practice after my video since I wasn't feeling well, but lifting twice a week is a huge win for me, so hooray!

PT: Three times of my latest homework, plus rolling out my quads and calves afterward, for about 1:45 total. My calves have been KILLING me and I'm not sure why — I'm not running hillier routes than normal or anything. I will continue to roll and stretch.

Yoga: One solo, 15-minute session to try to unlock my tight hips.

Total: 12 (!!!) sessions in about 12:10. A great week for me!

I got this week off to a good start with one last trainer ride and one last weight lifting session for the year, and I'm signed up for a last-minute 5K tomorrow to send off 2019. I'm not going to hit any huge goals or amazing numbers to wrap up the year, but that's OK.

Sadly, I go back to work Thursday and it'll be back to my usual routine. BUT, I definitely did enjoy the time off, and the rest and extra training it allowed me. I hope you are also having a good holiday season!



No comments:

Post a Comment