Wednesday, March 13, 2019

A very belated and quick February in review for posterity

I’m super late to the party reviewing February, so I’m going to do it real fast mostly so I have something to look back at later.

I was able to do a pretty good amount of training last month. I had an out-of-state wedding early on, and a few oddball meetings/events/parties/birthday dinners/etc. that meant I missed a regular workout. I was kind of disappointed in my totals compared to January until I remembered that February has three fewer days, haha.

February was:
Running mileage over the last few months.
Run: Nine times, four on the road and five on the treadmill, for 67 miles in about 12 hours. This is four more outside runs than I usually do in February, so that was nice. Plus it’s a bit more mileage in about the same time as last month. I am still doing walking warmups and cooldowns but I’ve pretty much cut out the run/walk intervals.
Bike mileage over the past year.
Bike: Nine times, all on the trainer, for 149 fake trainer miles in just less than 11 hours. Nothing out of the ordinary here; I knew I wouldn’t be doing any outdoor riding this month. It’s about 2:45 less time and 2 fewer sessions than last month – I think I skipped a couple of long ride Saturdays in there.

PT: Five times in about 3:30. Not nearly enough, and I am feeling the fallout.

Weights: Twice, both my heavy/bodyweight routines, for about 2:30. Again, not nearly enough. The silver lining is I did figure out some hamstring/quad moves that don’t hurt my knee, so I’ll count that as a minor win.

Yoga: Three times for about 45 minutes. Eh, it’s almost once per week, so I’ll count that as a minor win, also.

Total: 28 sessions in about 29.5 hours. I mean, this is still an average of one per day and more than an hour per day, so… I can’t be too mad about that.

It’s too early in the year to really spot any 2019 trends, but adding up the number of days in January and February (59) and looking at my totals, I bike on average once every three days, run every three and a quarter days, do PT every five days, weights every 10 days, and yoga every 8.5 days. And I’m on track for fewer workouts overall for 2019 than 2018, but I still have plenty of year left, so I’m not worried about slacking off for the next 9.5 months.

OK, since we're halfway through March, that's enough about February. On to the next month.




No comments:

Post a Comment