Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Week in review May 7-13: Work, wogging, and mothers

I wish the bars were higher, but I'll take whatever I can get.
I took my laptop to work yesterday because I needed to edit a video, and left it at work overnight! So I’m a day behind.

Anyway, last week wasn’t a great week for training, but I knew it wouldn’t be. My work had its biggest event of the year Saturday so the vast majority of that day was spent standing on hard concrete and putting out fires, following up with having a well-deserved drink with my coworkers. I could have rushed home and squeezed in a workout, but my feet hurt and I just wanted to relax for a bit. I ended up falling asleep on the couch.

Friday after work I did all the errands I usually do Sunday so I could spend a chunk of Sunday at brunch with my mom and mother-in-law. It was a good time and I was glad to see everyone, don’t get me wrong. But before I knew it, it was 4 p.m. and I hadn’t done any food prep, bill paying, cleaning, etc. I did all that, but I DID squeeze in a run/walk first.

Or should I say wog, aka walk/jog. The highlight of my week was going for not one, but TWO of those. Both were beautiful nights, and I didn't have to stop to walk either time, so I consider both a huge success.

By the numbers, it was:

Pre-hab: Twice, one homework session and one in-person session, for about 1:45 total. Yikes! This is not enough.

Run/walk: Twice, both on the road, for 5.56 total miles in about 1.5 hours. I was just happy to be out there!

Weights: Once, a barre class, for about an hour.

Bike: Once, on the trainer, for 5 fake trainer miles in about 34 minutes.

Total: 6 sessions in a 4:48.

Not great, but considering I lost a Saturday to work another day to exhaustion and errands, I'll take it.

I'm looking forward to more wogging this week and Thursday morning I leave for vacation. I probably won't be doing much official exercise, but there will be plenty of walking around, and I'll bring my running shoes just in case.

I hope your walks, runs, jogs, and wogs go well, whatever the pace!




No comments:

Post a Comment