Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Week in review April 30-May 6: Double-ups and days off

I wish the bars were higher and more numerous. Oh well.
It’s my job’s most stressful week of the year and I’ve already issued one decree of “too bad, so sad” earlier today. This week will be all about keeping my head down and my mouth shut (as much as I can), getting done what I can before the days are over, not beating myself up for what can’t be done, and trying to get a functional amount of sleep.

So, that’s why I’m already a day behind for the week. Plus, my husband was down with a stomach bug or something Sunday night and yesterday, which also kept ME up for part of the night both nights, although since he is feeling better today he made up for it by doing dishes and cleaning.

Anyway, last week wasn’t terrible, but I only did any activity on four days of the week. Three of those days I doubled up with PT homework, and I tripled up on Saturday. So even though I played hooky on Tuesday, ran errands on Friday, and traded training for some cleaning and organizing on Sunday, it was still a not-terrible showing. I’m not going to complain when my Friday night activity consists of ordering in barbecue and catching up on Westworld.

By the numbers, last week was:

Physical therapy/rehab: Four homework sessions for about 2:45 total. We deliberately skipped a clinic week for the first time since I started physical therapy.

Bike: Three easy trainer rides of 5 fake trainer miles each in about 1:52. Sadly, although the perfect-for-biking road closed to traffic on Saturdays starting last week, I won’t be able to make it out until at least June. It’s probably for the better to give my knee an extra month to get stronger.

Other: One boxing session at home for about 45 minutes. This is just whatever combination moves I could invent on the fly.

Weights: One heavy/body session of upper and abs for about 35 minutes. My new goal is to do three hanging chin-ups in a row and one complete hanging pullup.

Total: Nine sessions in almost 6 hours. Like every week, I struggle with finding hours in the day and balancing them with errands, making sure my house doesn’t get condemned, staying married, and paying some attention to my mutts.

I’m not sure how much I will accomplish this coming week with work being hectic, but I think shooting for 7 hours, an average of 1 hour per day, is reasonable. I do have plans with my mom and mother-in-law for Sunday, Mother’s Day, but I don’t think we’ll be going late since 3 out of 5 of us (everyone who’s not retired, haha) have to get up early the next day. Until then, it’ll be work, some kind of activity, PT, not enough sleep, repeat.




No comments:

Post a Comment