Monday, February 19, 2018

Week in review Feb. 12-18: Decent training over four workout days

Lots of PT and time in the saddle.
It was a decent week. I had fewer sessions than the week before, but the ones I did have tended to go longer, so my overall training time was greater. Yes, a lot of that “training” time is really physical therapy and the homework that comes from that, but it counts. To me, anyway.

I didn’t make it to the pool but I did get on the bike three times. I increased my gearing by one to test out my knee, and it felt OK afterward every time, so that helped me get in a little more fake trainer mileage. I lifted weights on the weekend, and although I only did my PT homework three times, I did the whole pack of exercises given to me by my therapist instead of just the ones I’m supposed to do daily. Which, um, I didn’t.

I ended up taking Tuesday, Friday, and yesterday (Sunday) off from any training so I’m happy I got as much done as I did in only four workout days. Tuesday and yesterday ended up allocated to food prep and errands, and I think I was just a lazy bum after work on Friday.

By the numbers, it was:

PT and rehab: Four times, 1 PT session and 3 homework sessions, for about 3:30. What I did do this week, I committed to, so there’s that.

Bike: 3 times, all on the trainer because it’s February in Michigan, for 30.5 fake trainer miles in about 3:25.

Weights: 1 heavy/body weight session for upper body and abs in about 30 minutes.

Total: 8 sessions in about 7 hours, 25 minutes. Not terrible. I would have liked to see more pre-hab, a yoga, and a swim in there, but I’ll take it.

I’m getting frustrated that all this rehab and PT homework isn’t getting me anywhere, but I am trying to focus on what I can do instead of what I can’t. I can bike easily, I can swim with my arms, I can do upper body weights, I can do my PT. I’m going to try to focus on that and have a good week this week, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment